My aunt makes the most amazing pumpkin squares every Thanksgiving, but since developing food allergies I haven’t been able to enjoy them! My goal was to recreate an allergy-friendly version that I could enjoy. These pumpkin squares are gluten-free and vegan, but they taste like the real deal. I am not kidding when I say we finished the whole thing in 1 day. This recipe is a must-make for Thanksgiving!
The BEST Gluten-Free and Vegan Pumpkin Squares You Will Ever Try
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ¼ cup paleo flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Dash salt
- 1 jar vanilla frosting (I love Simple Mills brand)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in wet ingredients.
- Prepare flax eggs (2 tbsp flax mixed with 6 tbsp water) and let sit.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in wet ingredients. Add in flax egg.
- Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
- I recommend refrigerating it overnight before cutting for best results. Cut in half and spread frosting on top of one half. Stack the other half on top and top with frosting. Cut into squares and enjoy!