If you’re craving that tangy, cheesy kick of buffalo sauce but are looking for a healthier or allergy-friendly option- this dairy free buffalo chicken dip has you covered! This healthier dip is about to be the star of your potluck! Made with shredded chicken bathed in a flavorful blend of spices and dairy free creaminess, this dip packs all the punch of the classic version. And trust me, no one will miss the dairy when they’re busy shoveling this deliciousness onto celery, carrots, tortillas or even potato chips. ️This dip is made with simple, good-for-you ingredients and is bursting with flavor. It is both gluten free and dairy free. This is the perfect dip for game days, parties or a delicious dinner! It’s easy to make and so creamy.
Why You’ll Love This Dip
It’s so easy to throw together!
This dip is definitely a crowd pleaser.
It’s a lightened up and dairy free version of the classic dip.
This dip is gluten free and dairy free.
This dip is perfect for the Super Bowl, game day or any party!
It’s a delicious dinner idea as well!
All you need to make this dairy free buffalo chicken dip is a bowl, spoon and a 8×8 baking dish.
Mayonnaise: Be sure to use a dairy free mayonnaise. You can also use a vegan mayonnaise if needed! This helps make the dip delicious and creamy.
Coconut Cream: Coconut cream adds extra creaminess into this dairy free buffalo chicken dip. I make sure to purchase one without any gums in it. You could also use the thick part at the top of coconut milk.
Spices: I used taco seasoning in this dip for some added kick. My favorite one is Redmond Real Salt Taco Seasoning. If you use my discount code LESSWITHLAUR you can get 15% off Redmond’s website.
Chicken: My favorite hack to make this dip quickly is to use rotisserie chicken! Otherwise, you can cook chicken breasts and shred them as well!
Ranch: I love to top this dairy free buffalo chicken dip with dairy free ranch!
Green Onions: Green onions add a nice touch on top of this dip as well!
Step 1: Gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 375°F.
Step 2: Combine buffalo sauce, mayo, coconut cream and spices in a bowl.
Step 3: Add in chicken and stir until fully coated. Pour into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Step 4: Top with ranch and green onions, serve and enjoy! I love to serve my dairy free buffalo chicken dip with vegetables and chips.
How To Shred Chicken Quickly
There are several ways to quickly shred chicken, each with its own pros and cons:
- Hand Mixer: Place cooked, boneless chicken breasts or thighs in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer on low speed, gradually increasing as needed, until chicken is shredded to your desired consistency. Works best for large quantities. Bonus tip: add some cooking liquid for extra moistness.
- Stand Mixer: Similar to the hand mixer, place cooked chicken in the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with the paddle attachment. Shred on low speed until desired consistency. Great for large batches and avoids hand fatigue.
- Food Processor: Pulse cooked chicken in batches in a food processor until shredded. Be careful not to over-process, as it can turn mushy. Best for a finer shred or if you have a very powerful processor.
- Blender: Similar to the food processor, but use the pulse function and only smaller batches to avoid turning the chicken into mush. Not ideal for large quantities.
- Two Forks: This is the classic method, perfect for small batches or if you don’t have any fancy tools. Pull apart the chicken with two forks while it’s still warm. Works well for rotisserie chicken or other already cooked options.
- Kitchen Shears: Cut cooked chicken into smaller pieces with kitchen shears, then continue pulling apart with your fingers to shred. May be slower than other methods, but effective and requires minimal equipment.
- Regardless of method, let the cooked chicken cool slightly before shredding for easier handling.
Store this dairy free buffalo chicken dip in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
How To Serve
I love serving this dairy free buffalo chicken dip with chips and vegetables, such as celery and carrots. Another way to serve this delicious dip is as part of a game day spread!
What dips do not contain dairy?
Any dips that are labeled dairy free do not contain dairy.
Can you make this dairy free buffalo chicken dip ahead of time?
Yes! I would recommend making this dairy free buffalo chicken dip the dairy before.
Can you freeze this dip?
Yes! Feel free to freeze this dip. Make sure it is cooled before freezing.
Can you use canned chicken instead of regular chicken?
I have not tried using canned chicken. I would recommend using a rotisserie chicken if you are looking for ways to cut down on time!
Can I use coconut milk here instead of coconut cream?
Yes, I would recommend making sure to scoop the thick part at the top of the coconut milk and using it for this recipe.
Be sure to try these football snacks next:
Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 bowl
- 1 spoon
- 1 8×8 baking dish
- 1 cup dairy free buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup dairy free ranch
- 1/4 cup green onion
- Gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine buffalo sauce, mayo, coconut cream and spices in a bowl.
- Add in chicken and stir until fully coated. Pour into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with ranch and green onions, serve and enjoy! I love to serve my dairy free buffalo chicken dip with vegetables and chips.